Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, November 29, 2010

African Obruni

A couple of weeks ago, we went shopping in Tema to buy some fabric for some projects we wanted to work on. One of the projects was making me some of the traditional African dresses for when I go home, and for during my time here.

Tonight, Robert, the tailor, brought by my dresses! They turned out beautifully. When I came walking out of my room, the kids just giggled and giggled. They started calling me African Obruni. Abby was seriously so excited about me wearing the dresses to church on Sunday. She kept mentioning it to me over and over and then drag me room to room to make sure that all the kids and staff got to see my dresses. She's so cute!

So, when I come, you'll get to see my beautiful African dresses. And hopefully, by then, I'll have my hair all braided too so I'll really look like an African obruni. Watch out America. . .here I come!

P.S. If you want to look like an African obruni, you are in luck! I'm bringing some beautiful linen shirts back with me and some pajama pants made out of some really nice cloth. I am also bringing back some jewelery. If you're interested, I'll be posting prices soon and pictures of the items when I return back to the States. All proceeds will go to benefit City of Refuge Ministries. Those items that don't sell via internet, will all be brought back to the Bay area to be sold there. Keep your eyes open for pictures and prices!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you could get this on video. I want to see all the kiddos giggling at you wearing a dress. ;)

    ReplyDelete