Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, February 17, 2014

My 2 Most Asked Questions

When I went home, I had 2 questions I was asked almost everywhere I went.  So, I will answer them here:

#1: How long are you planning on staying in Ghana?

God only works with me for about a year at a time.  This is how it has been for the longest time.  So, all I know is that I am here for now.  When God tells me it is time to go, then I will move on to the next place.  Until then, I am here.

#2: Any guys in your life?

I am an open book!  You would know about it if there was "someone special" in my life. 

But, here is what God has worked in me this year regarding my singleness.  2012, I had felt overwhelmed by my singleness and felt so lonely that it was something that I dwelled on and couldn't seem to get past.  This year, I felt like God asked me to surrender my desire to be married, not that it wouldn't happen, but that marriage would never fill me the way that I was longing for.  I needed to be in a place where God could fully fill those places of longing and loneliness, because He is the only one who could do that.  I need to be in a place where I am complete by myself (with God's strength).  So, as I have strived to be filled completely by my Father God, I have found my wanting, my desire for marriage, decrease.  The desire is still there.  I do want a husband and children of my own, but I fully know that God fills every place within me that felt so empty and lonely before.  When the day does come, if God grants it to me, that I get married and have children of my own, it will be an addition to what I already have, not a definition of who I am.

So, I hope that answers my two most common questions!

1 comment:

  1. Well spoken! I've noticed that people don't ask me about men in my life as much anymore because I am an open book like you. It's probably because they only see you once a year. ;) But I appreciate what you wrote about both things, and I'm glad you are living in the moment in regard to both questions. It causes more dependence and reliance on God.

    ReplyDelete