Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, August 26, 2013

Going Away and Coming Back Again

This last weekend, I was blessed with a weekend away.  Johnbull set Stacy and I up in a hotel in PramPram so that I could get a little rest and time away from CORM before school starts up again.  It was such a gift.  Such a gift of time.

Stacy asked me, "What do you want to do this weekend?" and my answer every time was, "I don't know." 

I was working right up until the time that we had to leave, so I hadn't made any plans for the weekend.  I didn't have any expectations.

So, this weekend, it was filled with just that.  No expectations.  Relaxation.  Good food.  Good company.  Sweet time with the Lord.

We spent a lot of time just hanging out watching TV shows and playing games on our ipads.  Spent some time researching ideas for the phonics training (uggg, yes, work on my weekend).  Spent time at Paul and Angie's house one night.  Spent an afternoon at the beach.  Slept on a water bed (kinda weird...didn't those go out in the 80's?).  And most of all, I relaxed.  It doesn't happen for me often around here, but it happened this weekend. 

And it was sweet.

And I'm reminded that these moments to "get away" should not be so few and far between.  To just rest in the simple love of the Father...to surrender and trust that he has this all under control...and to know that everything that I do is simply for His glory...it should be a place that I continually run to.

And so, coming back again, I'm trying to live into that.

I wrote earlier about a principal coming in and working with us.  Well, today she called and said that she might not be able to come anymore.

And even in that, when the burden feels too much to carry, I surrender.  Because God knows WHO needs to be here, even if it's not the one that I thought He was calling here.

So, it comes down to that word again.  A simple word.  A hard word.  But coming back again, it's the word I hear pounding in my ears.

Surrender.

It's all in My hands.

Surrender.

It's all for My glory.

Surrender.

I will equip.  I will restore.  I will give you rest.

Surrender.

It's Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment