Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, August 23, 2013

Equipped

I have had a million ideas pass through my brain of what I could blog about (or should blog about). 

Our basketball camp has been going on this week and it has been awesome. It has been great seeing our kids out running around, learning skills, enjoying themselves. 



John Lamb left with his two kids and I could write about his last week and his insights into our school, our conversations about ideas and change, and about his family and the grace God has given them in the WAIT for their children to come home to their forever family.

I could write about our girl Pamela and the possibilities we are looking into for our girl so that she is safer and better cared for on a regular basis.

I could write about so many things...

But this morning, the word on my heart is "equipped".

Earlier this week, I chatted with John about my educational background. We talked about my experience in the teaching field. And when I think about it, it is so limited. 2 years of private school experience, two years subbing, three years teaching. A bachelors degree. No administration experience whatsoever...in fact, no desire to even be a principal at all.

And yet, here I am, walking into my third year as a school administrator.

I told John how challenging it is...I am not trained to do what I am doing. But the need was there.  I knew that I could teach a class of students and could get them where I wanted them to be academically, but that would only effect a limited population of students. Working this way, i get to see more needs met for our 220 students! Even though I feel out of my depth 90% of the time, I am seeing that that is when God works best.

You may have heard the saying, "God equips the called."

I believe that. Fully.

And I am seeing that more and more.

More and more in me. And am now seeing him calling more and more hands and feet to this place to be equipped.

And so, we will do what he is calling us to do. As He equips us, we are now being called to equip others.

It's this powerful message of constant reproduction...the church being the church...of discipleship...of relationship...of intimacy.

Just in the past two months, we have seen not just one person come to be equipped by God through ministry here, but closer to 10. God is expanding and building and preparing.

It's so good.

So, I will declare myself ready for more...ready for God to move and change and deal with me more (even though declaring that is a little scary because I know He will ask me for more, but in return, I will receive so much more), so that more of His people, His children can be equipped.

We are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment