Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Oh, Abba.

My family left last night. A bittersweet goodbye. We dropped them off at the airport only to face the airport security guys rushing us through our hugs and kisses and shed tears.

As I live here in Ghana longer and longer, I realize that my dependence on The Lord has to increase more and more to sustain me. The distance from my loved ones hangs before me and I feel the full stretch of it this morning.

But the Lord sustains. Even in the hardest places, the Lord is present.

And I have to trust that truth in the moments of sadness when I just long for the faces and arms of the ones I love.

This morning, as I led worship for my family here in Ghana, God brought to mind the picture of my Abba Father. The Father who thought of me before the world began. The Father who chose me for this time and this place. The Father who holds me close in his arms when I need a comfort that can't be filled any other way. I needed that picture and hold it in my heart as I release my earthly family back home to the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment