Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A little encouragement goes a long way!

Yesterday, I was a little overwhelmed by how things were going our first week back in school.  I was frustrated about so many different things, but yesterday, after my venting posts...I recieved some awesome encouragements.

Two friends wrote to me on facebook and that made my day.  Sometimes, it's so easy to just feel like the battle over here is just us...we're facing it day in and day out and that we are alone in the battle.

But, I so easily forget that I'm not alone in this.  This is God's vision...these are His children...so why would he leave them alone?

The immense number of people who give, pray for, encourage, visit, promote, and think about this place...well, I don't even know if I could count how many people City of Refuge has touched in the time that I've been here.  And even more, the people that I used to live my daily life with, that still pray for me everyday and check in on me and give me that "quality time" through emails, texts, and the occasional phone call date...and now the new people that have become my extended family as well--YGAP and FTO, the many volunteers that have passed through here that continue to live their lives changed because of their time...

I'm not alone.  We're not alone.  And the battle is not just being fought here on Ghanaian soil, but everywhere across the world.

So thank you to my encouragers yesterday...today, I feel fresh and ready to start again.

And thank you to the many, many, many who follow my story here and walk along beside me in friendship, prayer, and encouragement.  Your words mean more than you know.  And your prayers are a powerful weapon against the many things that are happening here!

No comments:

Post a Comment