Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, May 21, 2012

To Note...

A few random thoughts to note:

1) Ale Caballo is in!!  We picked her up last night at the airport and she came ready to work.  Got a good night's sleep last night and I walked her around the campus and told her a little of the City of Refuge story this morning.  Then, we got straight to work unpacking her boxes and I put her on a project to help with our Term 3 sponsorship letters.  So awesome to have her here!

2) Have been totally encouraged and challenged and loved on by some amazing emails and facebook posts and messages that I've recieved lately.  Thank you for thinking of me, praying for me, encouraging me, and loving on me.  It's been so wonderful and speaks right to me "quality time" love language.

3) The walls of the school that blew down in Saturday's storm have begun reconstruction today.  We have two workers over here, deciding which blocks can be reused, which have to be thrown away...it's actually quite a discouraging process to look out my office window and witness, but it's begun.

4) A big thanks to Debbie Anderson and Jenni Ingram who sent me cards and items.  Made me feel loved and remembered.  Thank you!

5) Going to finish up some teacher training stuff today and then get ready to begin my work on my curriculum standards study.  Whew...my next project begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment