Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Water...and all it means to use here!

So, here in Doryumu, we get water every other week. One week, we'll get water running into the house and enjoy showers and the ability to wash your hands...in the sink. The next week, we'll use the water that we saved from the week before. We do bucket baths and all that jazz.

Well, this week is supposed to be our ON week. But, Sunday, our normal water day, came and went and still NO WATER! So, we've been without water now for two weeks. I am so glad that we have water running at the site, because that allows us to fill up buckets to bring back with us and we are able to take baths occasionally throughout the week.

But, I'm literally PRAYING for water to come soon because I have to wash clothes like crazy and I know that if I try to wash them with kids around at school, I know that I will have about 100 students wanting to help me wash my "delicates", which I'd rather not experience!

What we take for granted in the States, like regular access to running water, we value here!

1 comment:

  1. 100 kids washing your delicates. lol. what a funny image. "auntie autumn! what are these?" lol

    ReplyDelete