Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

At the advice of a friend...

So, every month, I send out a newsletter highlighting the things that have been happening in my life. Along with it, I usually send out some prayer requests about things that have been going on in City of Refuge and in my own life. The month of October was no different. My normal email was sent out, but I got a response that really moved me this month.

I was commenting in my prayer requests that my life has been extremely busy and I've found it difficult to have regular times with God. It's been frustrating and probably part of the reason I'm overwhelmed much of the time. I also commented on our need for electricity to get out to the children's village so that we can move! Our houses are almost completely ready. Windows are in...they're painted...all we need is electricity and we are there!

One of my friends, Eric Roberts, emailed me saying that maybe our lack of electricty and our lack of spiritual connection is somehow related. And I took that to heart. I brought it up with John and we are praying it out this week. Today, we fasted and prayed for our electricity to be brought out to the land. And we're going to be doing the same on Friday.

And already, we're seeing some possibilities. We found a guy at the electric company in Tema that told us that our electricity going in is actually a project for the Ghana Electric Company and that they should take care of the primary cost of putting in electricity. So, we're praying that this will happen before we leave for Christmas. Our goal is to move in by Thanksgiving, but we'll see what happens. We're hoping that this prayer will move some things in the heavenlies and get these electricity poles in the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment