Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Being Reminded of Sweet Times

Last night, we had an all-night prayer meeting at our house to pray about our electricity getting put into our Children's Village site. We have already seen some advances coming out way...the Director of Ghana Electric feeling called to help us on our project and asking us to bring a letter to see if we can get the government to bring in the electricity with only a small part of it being provided by us. We'll see...

But, last night, it reminded me of sweet times of worship and prayer that I experienced with Mark Weber and his family when I was living in Northern California.

My first year living in the Bay area, I lived with the Lee family. They are a sweet, older couple who have intensely beautiful hearts for the moving of the Spirit. They opened their home to Christina and I and we both lived there for a year. During that time, we started meeting for prayer meetings with Mark about once or twice a month. At first, I was a little nervous about the prayer meetings. I hadn't ever been to meetings like that before and there was a lot going on that made me uncomfortable or simply made me wonder...

But, as time went on, I was able to discern the difference between praying in the flesh and praying in the Spirit and began to really hear God speak more and more. It was a powerful season. Eventually, I began to lead worship at the gatherings and that brought about an amazing season of worship for me. I was in my first year of teaching and I was completely overwhelmed with the work that I was doing, but when I began to lead worship, God showed me a new way to connect with him and brought me to a deeper place in relationship with him. At first, I was always nervous about my guitar skills, but over time, I became more comfortable and was able to lead more and more as the Spirit led me.

Those prayer nights were incredibly sweet. The house would be full of worshippers and then we'd break into groups and pray for each other. I felt God's presence so deep and heavy in those times, so rich and sweet. And then, when people began to disperse, there was always a small group left that would stick around and pray deeply together. We would hold hands, swaying in the movement of the Spirit and pray healing, wholeness, and the love of the Father to be poured down on each of us. Sweet, sweet, sweet time!

Then, Christina and I, who each had our own room during that time, would both crawl into her bed in the early, early morning (usually around 2 or 3 am) and talk about what we saw and experienced and we'd get excited about how God was moving in and around us.

That season was certainly a precious time.

And last night reminded me a bit of that. I mean, it was done in the African way, but we were all up, praying and singing and shaking things in the heavenlies. It was a sweet time. It was an honor to stand alongside my kids and see them rocking things in the supernatural with their prayers.

Little Mary Osei, her heart is growing for the Lord and the way that she was praying and worshipping last night was powerful.

And our 16 year old Pastor Robert knows how to pray and preach and he just desires to see God's kingdom here on earth.

And Uncle Nosa, even though he hasn't been feeling well this week, he was calling out prayer with a voice so much more powerful than his normal speaking voice.

God was present. He is real. And He's moving. So, we are trusting that this sweet time of prayer will bring about so many things for us in our physical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment