Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Getting Ready to Go

Wow! The process of getting ready to go is an up and down rollercoaster ride. I spent the last three weeks with family and friends in Colorado. It was an AMAZING time. I am such a "quality time" person, and my time in Colorado literally fed my soul! I was so glad that I had the time to do that.

My trip started with a trip down to SoCal. I got to spend some time with Yona, Blabe, Jake, Eric, the Tyrees, my sister, and Priscilla Schubert. It was wonderful!

Here are the Tyree kiddos having a fun photo shoot. They are a blast!


And how can you not love Miles' face??
After some time in SoCal, I traveled out to Colorado with Kat, Isaiah, and Jess Nix to spend a few days with my family. It was such a beautiful trip out and really restful time with my family.

Later that week, the Beatniks all arrived at my house. It was so fun to spend time with them and my family! My parents were so moved by all of my friends. Here is our group at my family's church.

After a couple of days at my home with my family, our whole group got to head out to Katty's family ranch out near Alamosa. We spent the days playing games, hiking, fishing, going on walks, riding a train, and just spending time with each other. It was a beautiful time together!
This past Saturday, I trekked out to Denver to pick up Katie, Jenni, Bristol, and Lauren (and Sarah in Silverthorne) to come and spend some time at my house for the 4th of July. It was a blast! In between scavenger hunts, mini-truck races, swimming, games, and bumper boats, it was quite an adventure. So much fun! Here are a few pics from the scavenger hunt.

Chris and his team (Fierce Firecrackers) sing the National Anthem and try to draw a crowd.




Our group's (flying sharks) flag made from nature.


This group (The purple prairie dog pies) poses with Justin (the wearer of dreadlocks).

The boys of the team "Roosters" pose in a band photo. Very nice!
The next couple of weeks before I leave, I will be packing up my house and spending time with friends. Wow! I can't believe I'm leaving so soon. Continue to pray for me as I prepare to leave!










No comments:

Post a Comment