Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, July 19, 2010

Leaving Soon

I can't believe that I'm a week away from my big move to Tema, Ghana. I feel like it has been such a long process of praying and raising support, and now it's finally here. I feel excited, nervous, scared, but know that God has orchestrated the perfect timing for me to go.

When I went to Kenya six years ago, I remember returning from that country knowing that I would be returning to Africa. I fell in love with the people (especially the children) and the hearts that were open to recieving the love of a God that is so MASSIVE in his power, grace, and love.

And here I am, going again, and filled with similar emotions, except for the uncertainty of what the year will hold and what will realistically be able to be completed in this year long journey. I feel somewhat off-kilter knowing that I will never fully be prepared for what is to come because this is a journey of FAITH--and this work has to be done through the Father, and not through my strength or knowledge or experience.

I'm dwelling in the truth of 2 Timothy 1:7:

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of love, power, and self-discipline."

Yes God! I am living in those words that I will live completely out of your love, power, and self-discipline in this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment