Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, May 9, 2014

Quiet Voice

Today, I have been dwelling in this:

1 Kings 19 (MSG)

11-13 Then he was told, “Go, stand on the mountain at attention before GodGod will pass by.”

A hurricane wind ripped through the mountains and shattered the rocks before God, but God wasn’t to be found in the wind; after the wind an earthquake, but God wasn’t in the earthquake; and after the earthquake fire, but God wasn’t in the fire; and after the fire a gentle and quiet whisper. When Elijah heard the quiet voice, he muffled his face with his great cloak, went to the mouth of the cave, and stood there. A quiet voice asked, “So Elijah, now tell me, what are you doing here?”

On the way back from the Volta last week, I started getting a sore throat. This week, I have been coughing this hard, deep, hacking cough. And today, I woke up with no voice. This kind of cold hits me every now and then, but it always brings about a bit of fear as a singer and a teacher. Will this effect my vocal chords? How long before I get my voice back?

But as I was thinking about all this today, this passage came to me. While we are seeing God in some really powerful ways lately, there is something to be said for quietly sitting before The Lord and simply listening for that gentle and quiet whisper. 

And while my voice has been taken for the day, this afternoon, I came home from school this afternoon, put on the newest Bethel album, You Make Me Brave (it's a good one!), and just rested in His Presence.

Sweet rest.

Allowing that quiet voice, speaking His love over me. Reminding me. Asking me why I am here, what is next. 

I love those moments where God is simply...in the margins.

No comments:

Post a Comment