Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Mom


Today, I am thankful for my mom.


This woman is amazing. I love how she loves fully and completely.


I love that she loves pouring into kids. She does this at the expense of her time and energy and self-care. She simply loves!


And she is wise. She is who I run to first when I need advice.


And she is gentle and kind in the way that she gives me truth...even if it is hard to hear.


I love that she loves my friends like they are part of our family too (this was Kat and Isaiah's wedding in 2005).


And she is generous and openhanded.


And creative. And has a green thumb.


And I love that she cares about the big things out there in this world (even if they come in small packages).


And I can always ask her medical questions.


Even though I was trained as a teacher, my mom is constantly teaching me new things.


She is a visionary and longs for the greater things of God.


Constant supporter, cheerleader, encourager.



So, I am sure I speak for all of us Buzzell kids (and the others who have flooded through your home over the years to experience healing and hope).... Thank you mom.

You are loved.

And we are grateful.

For the seen and the unseen things you have done for us.

We love you!










1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tribute Autumn. I agree with you! Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete