Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, May 23, 2014

Rivers

Last night, I posted about how tired I was.  This week has been a doosy! 

And after posting last night, our plans for youth group fell through, again. 

So, we had a back up plan.  We decided to talk about baptism with the kids, something we have been wanting to discuss with them for awhile now. 

We started out with a little worship and prayer.  It was nice to be able to lead worship again without losing my voice or having it crack.  We sang together a song we all know well, and then, I decided to introduce them to a new song, Bryan and Katie Torwalt's "Weight of Your Glory".

We have seen the way you move
Full of goodness, full of mercy
We can never get enough
Oh god of grace, great god of love

Chorus:
Let the weight of your glory
Come settle on us now
We stand in awe for you are holy
And your kindness overwhelms

As we see your signs and wonders
Signs from heaven up above
You draw us in
You pull us closer
Into the depths of your great love

Bridge:
Be lifted up, you heavenly gates
Be opened wide, you ancient doors

Little did I know that the room would be flooded with His presence in such a way that every knee would bow, that shoes would be removed because we were there on holy ground, that hearts would be ministered and spoken to and filled up.

My weary post...just an hour before...it felt as though it were years away.  The words soaring through my spirit.  New songs being formed on my lips.  My voice, strong and new, bursting forth with such urgency.

And when John came around to pray for each person in the room, in the midst of His presence and His glory coming to sit with us there, God spoke about rivers of life-giving waters flowing into me, providing life and fruit to many.

 
 
And so, even in the midst of the weariness, there is such refreshment in the life-giving waters of God.  Trusting that even in this place, He will continue to fill and refresh and pour in and love on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment