Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, December 30, 2013

Home...and away again...

It's always hard to process through my comings and goings as I travel through the States on my time away from CORM.  It's a bit of an adventure, seeing so many people and traveling so many places and experiencing as much as I can in my couple of months at home.

My time with my family was beautiful.  We played games.  We ate together over loud conversations.  We laughed and wrestled and enjoyed each other.  There was family drama, which is typical for any family holiday and almost necessary, but that didn't enter in to the fun and joy and love that was so present.

I had amazing times of hanging out with my sisters, especially Brianna (who knew that 16 year olds were so cool?).  I had great conversations with my mom and dad.  Danced and sang and enjoyed time with my family at Andrea and Derek's reception.

It was an amazing two weeks.  Inevitably followed by tears. 

I hate saying goodbye.  Two weeks just wasn't enough time.  I don't know what amount of time would have cut it.

Yet, I'm very excited about heading out to Portland. 

It's this up and down game I play with my emotions, fitting a year into the space of weeks.

And so, I'm off.  In the airport and winging my way to the west coast for time with Joanna and Trevor and the rest of the Suckows.  For time with Kathy and Steve and the Koldings.  I'm excited about what the week will hold.

The adventure continues...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment