Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, December 6, 2013

Coming Home

I am going home in just a little over a week. I can't believe it. It's been a year sinceI have been in Colorado. A year since I have seen my mama. A year since I have spent time with (most of) my friends (except for the family and friends who came to visit this year...such a sweet blessing).

This year has faced it's share of challenges, but I am excited to come home because I am in such a different place than where I was a year ago.

I went home last year pretty much burned out. I honestly didn't know how much longer I could continue in ministry. I was just so tired.

But, this year has been good. It has had some really hard seasons, but it has been so good. I have learned about conflict. I have learned about how to manage burnout. I have learned how to communicate better. I have learned how to ask the right questions. I have learned about God's greater vision for me. I feel stretched and grown and excited and good. 

It has been a good year.

And I love that I am walking into time at home in such a different place. 

I need rest, but I will be able to be so much more present and filled this time around.

My time at home is always crazy and this trip is no exception. 

December 16-30--Colorado
December 30-January 6--Portland, OR
January 6-23--Bay Area, CA
January 23-30--Orange County, CA
January 30-February 3--Knoxville, TN
February 3-10--Raleigh, NC

I am looking forward to my fill of quality time, Mexican food, and fun. A little nervous about the weather (just saw -17degrees in Colorado while it was 101 degrees here today), but excited about everything else!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment