Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, December 6, 2013

Handing Over

The transition with our new principal, Beatrice, has been good and hard and beautiful and wonderful and challenging.

I have realized that I am a bit of a control freak. I like things to be done in a certain way. I like to just get done the checklist in my mind and not bother others with the details.

I have loved having Beatrice as she is kind and generous and gracious and lovely. God seriously brought her to us. Such a gift. She is wonderful to work alongside. She has taken over things I have neglected...uniforms and parent phone calls and GES.

But, yesterday,we met to discuss my trip home and she told me that I needed to start allowing her to do her job so that I could do what I need to do.

It is hard to hand over this school to someone else, no matter how capable the hands are.

I have so many worries. What if the school changes into something that I don't want it to be? What if I lose the trust of my staff or my students? What if...what if...what if...

So, I have just kept up with all my business and then given Beatrice the jobs I haven't been able to keep up with. But, she was right...that isn't why I hired her. I hired her to be the principal. I hired her to manage the day to day so I could do more discipleship and focus on the instruction in the classroom and I need to get there.

That is why the transition has been hard. I feel like I am having to trust someone with my baby. So hard to do. But, it is also what God has called me to and I know that He brought us a treasure in Beatrice, so I am stepping out in faith and trusting that this is His school, not mine.

Continue to pray for us at Faith Roots as we continue to transition into this new chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment