Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, September 7, 2013

You Wouldn't Believe It

I haven't taken pictures lately, but I need to...

Because I don't think you would believe your eyes unless you saw it all come into place...

About six weeks ago, our school building had 11 classrooms and a library.  Every inch of space was being used. 

And as I looked around today...all I could think was, "We are blessed."

We now have 15 completed classrooms...15!!!  Paint is going on this weekend.  Gravel being laid down this afternoon.  Desks and chairs arranged.  Walls decorated.  Notes to students on every desk.  It looks like a school with windows and doors and white board and electricity and I'm excited.

And I'm tired.

But, we're getting ready and as Stanley (our new office manager) said, "There's life coming back into this place."

And there is. 

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment