Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, August 31, 2012

Saying Goodbye Again

This has been a season of hellos and goodbyes.  I don't even know if I could think of all the volunteers that have come through here the past few months.  There have been so many!

So many familiar faces--people that have been a part of our Ghana family coming back to visit.

Faces from home that brought notes and love from home that shared that love with our kids and CORM family here.

And new faces--so many new faces with so much to give.

It's been a season of hellos and goodbyes.

But, tonight was a tough one.

Israel came a month ago, but his process has been a year in the making.  He wanted to come to just pray for people--build relationships with people and pray for them.  And he did that, with a gentle love.

And Steve...well, what can I say about Steve.  Humble, gentle, protective, servant-hearted.  He left tonight after three months with us and when he left, I could honestly say, "I love you my brother".  My family has expanded again.

Expansion is always good, but it's also painful when those who you have seen invest, love, laugh, and live here leave.

I know that God will bring them back at some point, but it was sad to see them go. 

I am praying that it will be the last goodbye...for a little while at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment