Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, February 3, 2012

Resting...just what I needed!

At the end of my trip to the States, I was a little stressed. I had done quite a bit during my time in NorCal and North Carolina and had averaged about 5 hours of sleep a night (I am definitely an 8-hour girl), so heading back to Ghana where I was sure to be worn out with the busyness of life there, I was a little stressed.

It has been INCREDIBLY nice to just spend the past few days hanging out and experiencing just normal everyday life with my friends here. Life with Tom and his girlfriend Rhiannan was really easy going. We just hung out at the exhibition, got a few things done, but mostly just hung out and talked to people. It was great! (You know I love talking about Ghana!) And yesterday, I moved into another YGAP'ers parent's house, Carllye Elder, and it has been so welcoming! I slept in a beautiful bed, have a bathroom to myself, and Carllye and her mom took me shopping and we just wandered around this morning getting a few things done, but mostly just wandering! This afternoon, I went for a bit of a walk and spent some time in a nearby park writing in my journal and reading "Kisses for Katie". It was just so nice!

Tomorrow, I'm planning on heading into the city on the train and going to Planetshakers in the morning. We'll see what else pans out for the day, but that's the start of what I want to do tomorrow.

It's been so nice to just take this whole trip really easily and not have everything planned down to the final minute (which, as you know, is typically like me!). I'm a pretty structured person, so this has just been wonderful to just hang out, no expectations.

The week ahead will probably feature some more trips and such around the country when Christy arrives, but even those are pretty much play it by ear things.

This trip, so far, has been just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment