Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, February 20, 2012

Back in Ghana

I know I haven't blogged in weeks and it feels so strange to be back in Ghana after an amazing vacation in Australia. There is so much to tell and I'm not even sure where to begin.

My time in Australia was amazing. It was relaxing and exciting and fun and full of laughter and in so many ways...I simply felt loved and at home. It's amazing how the world really can become your home. I am constantly telling people how my homes just keep expanding...Colorado, California, Oregon, Arizona, North Carolina, Ghana, and now Australia...it's amazing how life just widens and opens up to amazing new possibilities.

I don't really even know what to write about my time in Australia. I had an amazing time with Christy and Tom and Carllye and her family. Christy and I had an awesome visit to Sydney (which perhaps should be included in another blog post altogether), and I rocked out my 30th birthday at the St. Kilda festival with some of my YGAP friends. It was just an amazing trip.

The not-so-amazing part was the 40+ hour journey to get back home. I had the 28 hour flight (or so) between Melbourne and London and then a seven hour layover before flying to Ghana. Let's just say that I was pretty messed up when I got back to Ghana.

I had about one day to get over the jetlag though as Semester at Sea groups came through all of last week, about 150 volunteers in all. I kinda headed up the groups on Thursday and Friday as Stacy and John had a crazy group of 75 volunteers on Monday (while I was still traveling back). Yep, it was a busy week.

I had this weekend to rest and relax though and then got back in the swing of things today. Seems like everything ran pretty smoothly while I was gone, but I was glad to get a few things in order today.

Perhaps I'll find the energy for future postings about my trip to Australia, but for now, it's to bed I go. My bedtime is drastically earlier these days as my wake up call comes at 5:30 am (something my vacation mindset has not really allowed me to see lately!). So sweet dreams to all my friends in all my homes around the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment