Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Whirlwind Tour

I feel like I'm just coming back from a whirlwind tour of the West Coast. I have had an AMAZING time with friends and supporters, very little sleep, lots of encouragement and laughter, and it's just been a wonderful couple of weeks.

I spent New Years with my friends in Portland, Oregon. For years, my friend Joanna's family has hosted a New Years party that is worth traveling thousands of miles to come to. Our friends Jake, T, and Evan all came up for the big celebration. It was so much fun! I laughed so much with them and just languished in time with friends.

After time in Portland, I headed down to NorCal for time with all my EPA, Menlo Park, RWC, and Bay area friends. It was an amazing time. I spent time with friends, got to tell the story of Faith Roots and City of Refuge several times over, had late night laugh sessions with the Ivy House girls, got to hang out with John and Stacy and the PCC Young Adults serving in the Tenderloin in San Francisco, headed over to the East Bay for some quality time with the Roberts and Koldings, hit up my old school (Brentwood), and most of all, just got to spend time with some of my favorite people. I am leaving there so encouraged and filled up and knowing I am loved.

What a blessing this season has been.

Am sitting in the Dallas/Fort Worth airport on my way to Raleigh to see my sister and friends, Kat and Isaiah.

This trip has been amazing and I am thankful for this time with these people. It has filled me up for the season ahead...

1 comment:

  1. So glad to spend time with you Autumn. Miss you already.

    ReplyDelete