Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gracie

So, I haven't posted about a Freedom Center kid for a looooong time! When I was home over Christmas, I heard mention for a couple of people that these were their favorite posts, so since I didn't get a chance to post one yesterday (my typical Monday post), I wanted to post one for you today.

I'm pretty sure that I haven't posted about Grace yet. I love Gracie! She is pretty amazing! Here are some of the things I know about Grace:

*She loves to laugh. When she laughs, it's more like a cackle. It rises up out of her belly and knocks her off her feet. She kinda stumbles around when she laughs and it is absolutely contagious!

*Gracie is super smart. She is competitive too. If someone did better than her once, she's going to make sure that she does better the next time.

*Anytime that Gracie starts to understand something that she didn't before, she'll say, "ehhhhaaa", like the lightbulb just went on for her. It's so fun to watch!

*Gracie loves to help out in the kitchen and I halfway think it is the joy of more adult companionship (she's a mature 13), and halfway because if she helps in the kitchen, she'll get the leftover food! That girl loves to eat!

*Grace's name is Grace...but I like to call her Gracie. Somehow fits her!

*Grace loves to memorize. I can usually count on her to have her memory verse (no matter how long) memorized to a T come Friday morning!

*She loves movies. She doesn't usually get to watch them that often as she is always in the kitchen, but she does enjoy watching them. Often, when I watch movies with her, she is asking me a million questions (she gets nervous if there is a hint of suspense in the movie) and then saying "Awwww Auntie Autumn" when I tell her, "Watch and see!!".

*Her name really does fit her well. She doesn't easily anger. She forgives freely. When she's sad, she just has a graceful way of shedding tears. She quite lovely!

*Gracie just brings joy whereever she goes. She's helpful. She's kind. She's a hard worker. And I enjoy having her around!

See Gracie here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5316433&l=17f9778f5f&id=552826775

1 comment: