Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Babies and Friends

I seriously love spending time with my friends and their babies! I know that having a baby and the newborn stage is incredibly difficult. I don't know from my own experience, but I've witnessed a birth and know that was hard and I've seen my friends struggle through the first months of baby-hood when everything is confusing and sleep is hard to come by. I suppose that being an auntie has its priveledges--we get the joy of babies without all the confusion of trying to figure out sleeping patterns and bedtime routines. I love chatting it out with my friends though and I feel like I am learning at the same time as they are. I suppose I'll learn some so that when I get back to Ghana, I'll be a little more familiarized with sleeping patterns of babies so I can monitor Edwin a little better.

When my friends got married, I was able to walk through that whole process with them and learned a lot about relationships that hopefully I'll be able to use in my own future relationships. And when my friends got pregnant, I walked along side them there too and learned a lot and saw the miracle of life in the birth of Brylie Kay and Isabella Grace. And now, I'm learning that mommyhood is tough, really hard, but some of the most rewarding work that you can do. I love seeing my friends as mommies. It's weird how babies change people, but I have seen such a beautiful side of Christina and Yona--this lovely grace, and a sense of awe in their little girls, and exceeding joy. I love how they look at their babies and it is exciting to me to get to witness this part of their lives.

I love that during this time at home, I have had the chance to get some really awesome one-on-one conversations with people. I am definitely a QUALITY TIME person. If someone doesn't call or email or spend time with me, I feel like I've been left behind. What a JOY it has been to spend a little time with people I love. I got a lot of time at home with my family and I love convos with my mom and my dad and sisters. I got time with some high school friends, Erik and Jamie. And now, since I've been back in California, I have had time with my small group girls, my roommates, some beatnik friends, Nina and the wedding crew, Mark, Carol, and rest of the prayer group, the Tyrees, and coffee with a couple really awesome ladies (Marilyn and Cil). It has been such a breath of fresh air for this relational girl. I have love, love, loved it!

Thank you my Father for just KNOWING ME. . .for knowing what I need and for giving it to me in abundance! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment