Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, December 17, 2010

Some sleep is all I need

It's been so nice to be home with my family these past few days. It has been pretty restful as I've been able to work on a few projects, wrap a few gifts, and catch up on a few of my favorite shows that I've missed out on (namely Glee and The Office).

The hardest part about being home, so far, has been getting used to the time change. I have been trying to stay up as late as possible so that I can sleep through the night and each day has been getting progressively better. By 3:00 in the afternoon, I'm absolutely exhausted (as that is 10:00 pm and my bedtime in Ghana). Each morning, I wake up a little bit later (from 3:30 am my first morning, to 5 yesterday, to 6 this morning). I think I'm settling in.

One thing I'm enjoying immensely--running water. And even better, running HOT water. I wouldn't need that in Ghana, but for Colorado, hot water is very nice! My feet never seem to be warm, so it's nice to enjoy a warm shower each morning.

This morning, I'm going to talk to Savannah's class (she's in middle school) about Ghana, particularly about child trafficking and the work that City of Refuge does in Ghana. I'm excited to see what questions come of my time in her class. Maybe, when I leave, there will be a classroom full of middle school abolitionists! We'll see!

I also get to spend my lunch today with Jenn, Chris, and Kayden. That will be fun! I'm excited to see my brother and his family. And Kayden, well, since I only see him every six months, it's crazy to see how much he grows! We'll also do a little shopping for our Christmas foods. We'll see what we get!

So far, being home has been just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment