Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, December 3, 2010

Moments in a Day

Today, it felt like my day was made up of these absolutely beautiful moments. Here are few to share with you.

*A whole nights sleep with Edwin led to a smiling boy (and a smiling Autumn) in the morning.

*Paul and Robert helped me clean my bathroom and mop my room. They were just working together so well and were so cheerful cleaning together. So proud of the boys!

*Stacy came to get me to snap some pictures of the babies outside. John and Stacy bought a blow up pool yesterday at the market and you should have seen the fun that the babies had. Oh my goodness! Justice was a little fish in that pool. And Edwin kept putting his head in the water and then coming up sputtering and laughing. And Portia and Caleb loved to splash each other and then float around on their backs or tummies. It was adorable!

*We brought the NYU students here for their last day with us for the semester. Deloris and Tanji had a presentation prepared for the kids. They talked about loving themselves and having a vision for what they want to be when they grow up and going for that vision. The kids were really into it and they just LOVED it! It was awesome. And Rosemary really enjoyed it. She needs to be reminded of the truth she heard today from these girls!

*Stacy and I worked with Lucy, Lydia, and Anas to make our mexican burritos. I have to say that it was a hit!

*We got to chat with the NYU students about their experience and what to do for future volunteers. I think what they talked about will really help us put together a handbook for them and help us to develop our volunteer program even better.

*Eventually, the NYU students had to go back to Accra, so the kids gathered around around them and prayed over them and then John gave words to each of them. It was powerful. He really had it right for each of them. . .he knew of Jess's quiet and gentle spirt, Leila's intellegence and living from her heart, Tanji's passion for writing and the gift that it is, Candace's miracle of a life and to continue to live it passionately, and Deloris' love for others. It was just such a sweet time. Robert, my tender 15 year old, was crying. And Aaron, who hates goodbyes, was not enjoying being out and having to say goodbye to people who had really created a good friendship with him. We are so glad to have had these beautiful people as part of the CORM team this semester.

*On the trip back home from Tema, I was just reminded that God really does know me well. I love spending time with Stacy and John and he knew that he would be bringing me to my "heart" family when he was bringing me here!

*Our dinner time convo was about the Holy Spirit's work in the church and in the lives of people. It was such a good conversation and made me excited to see more of what God is going to do this year. One of the things that was spoken over me before I came was that I would need to have faith that God would do some supernatural things in my time here. I'm still living in expectation for that and am praying for more faith to see the Holy Spirit at work in my life and the lives of these children and the people that we minister to.

*Edwin went to sleep with no troubles tonight. Not a peep. He just went to sleep and I'm praying that he'll stay asleep til morning!

I loved my day of beautiful Ghana moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment