Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dancing Home

Yesterday, was my last day of teaching before I go home. I will be here all day on Monday, but I have a feeling that it's going to be kinda a busy day as I have to be at the airport early and need to make sure all my bags make weight!

In any case, yesterday was a fun day at school. The other teachers didn't show up until late, so we put together puzzles, played math games, and ate a yummy lunch together. Then, it was time to rehearse for our performance. I was worried that it wasn't going to come together because we practiced and practiced and they still weren't doing what they were supposed to do, but when everyone arrived to see the program, the kids did great! They all remembered what they were supposed to do and did everything well! The show was a hit. . .the only request was that it be longer with more dancing next time. We'll have to work on that for next time!

Last night, we celebrated the quarter's birthdays (October, November, December). Mershak, Portia, Mama Theresia and Daddy Joseph, and Stacy. We had a feast together, had a beautiful cake, and then we danced the night away. We had so much fun taking turns dancing and JJ won the dance contest for his amazing dance moves. Even Edwin enjoyed the dance party! He swung his arms out and turned in circles and then would walk back to his starting point with his hands on his head and the arms would start again. It was so funny!

What a night! It was a good memory to take with me when I go home in just a couple more days! How is that possible?? Time really does fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment