Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Purple People

Today, as I looked out over our CORM family (that has grown so incredibly much since my first arrival in 2010), I had this moment of reminiscing.

When I was in Kenya back in 2004, one of the pastors that I met at the time talked about heaven in a very real way.  When he spoke about heaven, tears filled his eyes, rolled down his cheeks, as he spoke about the way life would be there.  The people he would see.  The love he would experience.  The worship he would live in.  And he said that his heart cried out for that...as if he was homesick for heaven.

He referred to all believers as "purple people".  And then he would laugh, a big-belly laugh.  He said that in heaven, color wouldn't matter, so why not just start to see us all as one color--one language--one kingdom...now.

Tonight, I had that little glimpse.  That glimpse of heaven that Pastor Timothy spoke about in Kenya. 

I looked out over our family here at CORM.  A team of 12 volunteers from Vegas here...our 35 kids...some kids from the community...our staff...John and Stacy...Mama Theresia and Daddy Joe...the Aglers...Janet...our friend Nicole...

I just had a moment where it felt like heaven.  And it made me hungry for more moments like that.  Where we aren't separated by color or differences...but we are dancing together...a bit crazily at times, and laughing and loving each other in the midst of the craziness.

I want to hold on to more moments like that.  I want to rest in the fact that we are all one color in God's eyes.  I want more kingdom moments.

I want to dwell in the fact that age, color, country of origin, language...none of it matters...when you're purple.

Lord, open my eyes to see more of your heaven on earth.

Love,
Your Purple Daugher

No comments:

Post a Comment