Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 8

So, I made it through a FULL WEEK of early morning workouts.  Today dawned as Day 8.  I think I sweat more today than any of the days before...but I didn't do any of my Biggest Loser workouts.  Instead, I cleaned...and moved stuff...and swept...and danced.

Yep, today was preparation day for my principal to arrive on Monday.  Beatrice Okyere is coming to join our staff as Principal of Faith Roots and I am excited and nervous.  It is going to be an interesting transition. 

Yesterday, Stacy sat down with me and we talked through the roles that I currently play at the school and the things that I want to hold on to through this transition and the places that I want (or maybe even need) to let go of.  It was good to think through that because I am not very good at that sort of thing.  I have a hard time with the full vision.  As much as I am a planner, I am also very much a task-oriented, in front of me type person.  I get overwhelmed when I begin to see the whole picture.

So, we scoped it out.

And I'm excited.  As much as I am nervous, I'm also excited.  This will be a transition for me...and change is never easy...and this school is a bit of my baby, so how do I let go of something that, in so many ways, is my heart?  But, that's what ministry is all about right?  Equipping...training...raising up leaders...and that means that if people are called here and equipped, I have to learn to let go.

It'll be a process for all of us.

Anyway, I've gotten off-topic.  Let's just say that I sweat a WHOLE BUNCH today as I was cleaning and moving things around and getting things together for the big transition.

So, by the time I got home (almost 4:00 pm), I took a shower and a little snooze and then...

DANCE PARTY TIME!!

Sometimes, I am too tired to get pumped up for dance party fun (which happens at CORM once every three months).  But today, I was ready.  I danced and sweat and sang and it was awesome and fun and hot and amazing.

We celebrated birthdays.  We prayed for the kiddos.  And we danced.  And danced some more.  Some with funny costumes and glasses and dance moves.  Some serious and refusing to even move a leg.  But in the end, when it was time to lay it all down...we all had a blast!

So, even if I didn't do my official workout, I'd say it still counts. 

Feeling good, and sore, but mostly, just good.  Now, I need to remember to remind myself of that when I'm up at 5:30 tomorrow for my next workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment