Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Time to Change

Since I was a little girl, I struggled with my weight. From 8 years old on up, it has been something I have battled and struggled with physically...emotionally...spiritually even.

My weight has always been this identifier for me. I have struggled with my understanding my worth and  value because of the way I looked.

And then in 2004, God began to work something in me that changed my perception of me and of Him and of my worth.

That year, I lost 50 pounds. I don't know how. I would say God did it.

But, the battle didn't end at my spiritual transformation.

I have gone through years of changing my diet, seasons of heavy exercise, losing weight, gaining weight...

Feels like a never-ending journey for me.

Yesterday, a friend of mine posted that she had officially lost 100 lbs. it took eight years and was a fight all the way through, but she looks amazing.

She posted something that challenged me so deeply. She said, "Eight years ago, I decided I wanted to live in the body that was created for me and not the one I created for myself."

I have mulled that over and over since I read that. And it is right on point.

The way I have lived has idolized laziness and gluttony and greed and it is fully apparent in my body. And it is not what I was created for. And it makes me sad.

Today, I was reading Jen Hatmaker's book "Seven" that we always find the time for things we want to do, but make excuses for not having enough time for the things we need to do.

I have made so many excuses for not taking care of myself. And I will probably even look at this blogpost tomorrow and hate that I put this out there for all the world to see, but this is about my life and journey and adventures is Ghana...and this is part of my journey here.

I have six weeks until I head back home. And six weeks is enough time to figure some of these things out.

To honor the body that was created for me.

To make time for the things I need to do.

Will you pray that I would honor God in this next six weeks with my health?

No comments:

Post a Comment