Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Florence

I think I posted about our little Florence after she was rescued a little over a month ago.  I was worried about that little girl so much.  She cried and cried all the time and isolated herself away from the other children for the longest time.

The past couple of weeks, the change has been AMAZING in this little girl.  Even her eyes have changed.  Seriously, everything about her has CHANGED! 

I knew it the day that I walked by her and she grabbed my hand, the first time she had initiated contact with me since she came.

And then the next day, when she said my name as she played with Hannah on the basketball court.

And then the next day, when she laughed and screamed and ran with Uncle Steve after the football through the field (let's just say, that girl can run!).

But, my favorite is when you tickle her and she giggles until she can't breathe, but she doesn't stop there.  No, she tries to tickle YOU! 

To me...Florence represents what freedom looks like.

And it's absolutely beautiful!

Uncle Steve running with Florence and some of our other newly rescued children

No comments:

Post a Comment