Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Community

There have been times here in Ghana, when I have been extremely challenged spiritually.  I have felt dry and alone so many times.  Our worship gatherings on Sundays are wonderful and loud and full of beautiful Twi songs, but so many times, I leave discouraged as it just hasn't met that need inside of me for community.

This season, for me, has been incredibly busy, but I feel like, for the first time since I've come to Ghana, it has been a building of community.

We have started a women's Bible Study at the Beebe's house every Wednesday night and it has been so wonderful to get into the word together.  I feel encouraged and a sense of connection that I have been missing since coming here.  So sweet!

And I have had times lately of getting to worship together with volunteers and with the ladies at Bible Study and it has been such a deep time of connection with God for me.  I have missed worshipping with others to songs I know and that speak my heart language. 

I'm just thanking God for the community that is gradually being built up here.  I feel like more and more, God is creating a sustainable place for me to grow here.  Sometimes, it just isn't easy being far from friends and family and the community that I love in the States, but God is such a wonderful God of grace and love...providing just what I need when I need it.

This morning, I'm thanking God for the community he has built up around me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment