Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Busy Weekend

Life doesn't slow down here very often...even when if feels slow, it is really busy! Today was one of those days where I just worked on paperwork all day long, so it felt like I wasn't doing very much, but it took me all day long.

Let me tell you, being a principal is a tough job. There is a lot to do! And working with a NGO adds to it as well. We're doing sponsorships with our school, so there is all the emailing that goes along with that (thank goodness I have a friend to help me out with some of that--thank you Kristin). We also have budgets to put together and monies to follow up on. And add that to visitors coming this week and a grand opening celebration for the school just next week and it all adds up to a lot of work!

Besides just a general feeling of being overwhelmed, I'm feeling pretty good about our teachers and our students. We started off last week with 30 something kids and by Friday, more of our classes were filled. Pretty crazy! We have less than 20 spots left in our whole school! That's pretty amazing!

Well, this blog isn't very imaginitive, but it's all I have the energy for tonight. More to come this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment