Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Summer Plans are Keeping me Busy!

This week has been a pretty busy one for me. Usually, I'm able to come home after work and just relax, watch a movie, or hang with the kids a bit. This week, for some reason, I felt the pressure to finish up some projects I was working on--namely an Intern and Volunteer application for our summer camp program this summer.

I'm so excited about the summer project. We're going to invite interns to be with us the whole month of August and then volunteers can join for the whole month or any week through August to help us staff the summer camp. Katie is coming in just a few more weeks to help us plan for it. So excited about that too.

The summer camp will be hosted at our house. There will be sports, drama, art, music, and so much more! We will have all of our kiddos (17 of them at least) participating and then will hopefully register some from the community for the month as well. We'll be looking for volunteers and interns to come and help us out. . .anyone interested? Keep checking out our website (www.cityofrefugeoutreach.com) for the applications and handbooks to become available--or email me at autumnbuzzell@gmail.com.

I have also been working on application for people that are interested in coming and volunteering with us as a teacher for a year or two. It would be so awesome to partner up each Ghanaian teacher with another teacher and classes can be team taught. Just seeing the fruit that it would bring in the kids and in the teachers themselves. . .exciting to think about. If you're interested in teaching overseas, keep your eyes open for job descriptions and applications posted on our website! We'd love to have you come and join the City of Refuge team!

Fun to be a part of this whole starting at the ground floor process--even if it does keep me busy!

1 comment:

  1. Autumn,

    I am so thankful for how God is using you in Africa. How exciting!!!

    Praying for you, the interns, new teachers, Ghanian teachers, etc.

    Love you,
    Jenn Sin

    ReplyDelete