Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Space

I had a nice chat conversation on Facebook with T yesterday. She's so wise and always offers good solutions to the problems I'm facing.

Yesterday, we chatted a bit about needing space. I love living here and I love having the kids around, but occasionally, it gets to be extremely overwhelming--especially when I have a full plate of paperwork and other things on my "to do" list, the steady stream of children at my door can be, well, overwhelming.

Sometimes, I have this incredible desire to just take time away from it all, and then I'm reminded of what I've come to do here and I try to check myself.

And yet, T reminded me that sometimes the healthiest thing for me to do is to take a break from it all so that I can fully be myself here. I may be instuting some "me" time in the near future, even if it means just taking some long walks by myself away from the house and the school!

Thanks T for your wisdom and here's hoping this overwhelming feeling will slowly disappear and more me can be available for ministry again!

No comments:

Post a Comment