Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Monday, October 11, 2010

. . .time. . .

Usually, on Mondays, I introduce you to one of the kids. But today, I'm tired (teaching always makes me tired) and I'm realizing more and more how quickly time marches on.

Today, I got an email from one of my closest friends who just spoke of how much she misses me as time goes on. Another friend, when I left seemed barely pregnant, yet she's due at the end of the month. And my little Brylie Kay is growing by leaps and bounds each week when I get new pictures. In a way, it feels like I'm on some sort of extended vacation, but now that I'm teaching and leading other teachers, and overseeing interns and all that jazz. . .I really do WORK here and LIVE here. And everyday seems to pass quicker than the one before it. And everyday, I promise to get certain things done (lesson plans, tests corrected, etc) and everyday, time marches on. It almost feels as though I'll blink and my time here will be finished. While I miss everyone at home so much (and wish that I could just have my daily dialog with my best friends and my family), I am so grateful for where God has me RIGHT NOW. Wow! I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment