Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blabe-isms and Edwin

Usually on Mondays I feature one child that I work with here. But, this weekend, I got the chance to talk to one of my besties, Christine Blabe. She is amazing and funny and kind and I wanted to give you some of her "blabe-isms" here today, but she heartily disagreed, so I won't. I will tell you that I hadn't had the chance to talk with Blabe (her nickname) for months, so it was so good to get to see her face and hear her voice. I love Blabe because she makes me laugh. She says funny things that she doesn't even realize is funny. You could say that I'm a Blabe fan!

Anyway, since I'll avoid getting in trouble with my Blabey baby, I'm going to tell you about one of my other favorites in this world, Edwin. I have talked about him many times before, but he's never been featured here on my Monday blog, so it's his turn!

Edwin is my little man. He is a year and a half old and he is just plain adorable. Everyday, he seeks me out and runs to me with his arms up ready for a hug. He loves to just sit with me or play with me and he is just a little cuddle bug!

Edwin loves to eat! For such a little skinny thing, you wouldn't expect him to eat so much food. But if someone else has food and he doesn't, WATCH OUT! The tears will come. And who can resist with that bottom lip starts quivering??

Edwin is majorly pigeon-toed. Stacy said it was so funny when he was learning how to walk because he kept tripping over his own feet. It's too funny!

He loves to laugh! He is usually pretty giggly, though when he first came, he was a colicy baby and cried all the time. Thank goodness he's grown out of that!

He loves to play with the big kids, even if he can't keep up, he will try! The other day, the kids were all dancing and he tried to keep up, but he just kept getting stomped on.

He also has some personality and that's funny to watch grow. Yesterday, he wanted to be the one to open the gate for the car to be brought in. He had to use all his strength to push the gate. The boys also pretend to fight with him and they'll put their fists up like they're getting ready to box and guess what. . .he will put up his fists just like them. It's so funny!

When I wear necklaces, Edwin loves to play with them, as all babies do. But for him, he wants to share it with me. He'll put the necklace, if it's long enough, around both of our necks so that we'll be really close together. It's so cute!

Edwin's mom lives in Tema New Town where we have been doing our feeding program. She is BEAUTIFUL, which explains why Edwin is soooo stinkin' cute! She has HIV, so we're not really sure if he will ever be able to be returned to his mom full time, but she is a good lady! It is just such a sad situation.

I honestly would like to bundle this guy up in my suitcase and take him home with me! For now, I love just getting to see him everyday. I will be so sad to say bye to him in December (and to say bye to all of them). What am I going to do with myself?

See a picture of Edwin here:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=5570550&fbid=426424761775&op=2&o=global&view=global&subj=552826775&id=552826775

No comments:

Post a Comment