Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, August 19, 2011

Heading Home

The last few days have been a little nervewracking for me...only because I've been worried about my bags. I get this funny feeling in my stomach like a whole herd of butterflies were choosing to move in (I know...a herd!).

And here I am in Denver International with both of my bags on their way through (both at 52 pounds--why did I even need to worry?!) and a carry-on bag that I'm going to gate check (it's 71 pounds...don't feel the need to bench press that into the overhead bin this morning). Almost everything that I wanted to bring back with me is with me. Wow!

I loved my trip home. It was so fun and relaxing and I think I was able to work out and talk out a lot of things while I have been here. But, I am ready to get home to Ghana. I miss my kids. I'm excited to meet our new girls, Dora and Mary, who were rescued while I was away. I'm looking forward to seeing Tom and Christy, two friends who are volunteering there right now. I'm just excited! It's time.

So, by 12:30 pm (Ghana time) on Saturday, I'll be arriving back in Accra. Feet on the ground...ready to go. Rested, revitalized, and renewed...

No comments:

Post a Comment