Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

It's been awhile...

It's been a long time since I have sat down to blog. After a year a half, I traveled back to the States for a little rest and connection time with the many family and friends who I love and miss so much in my life here in Ghana.

It was such a wonderful trip home. I loved my time.

Now, being back in Ghana, I have jumped right back into life, preparing for our graduation celebration and the final week of school with exams and report cards and all that comes with the end of a school year and preparing for the one to come.

But in the midst of it all, there is so much I have been processing and thinking through and praying about and desiring to hear from God on. I am sure I will share some of those thoughts...that journey...with you here. 

But for now, I rest in the place that God has called me to. My home here in Ghana.

In many ways, returning felt as if I had never left. I feel like I always hit the ground running. 

But, sitting here tonight, with my worship music on and my cup of hot tea, I am missing my Keliy-girl. The familiar laugh. The depth of conversation. The times when she would pick up her guitar and lead on. 

Tonight, I am missing my friends. I am remiscing about New York City, and laser tag, and Indian curry under the stars. I am thinking about the voices of the many littles in my life who I get to love from afar, the little white hands that held mine. I often stared in wonder at those little fingers as I was so used to my little brown babies here. Tonight, my heart is a little sore for those friends who have known me well and loved me well and encourage me onward. 

Tonight, I am missing my family. The operatic voices sung out over a stilted piano accompaniment, the laughter and the tears, the conversations of such depth, the knowing that even in the moments of the most revealing frustration and sadness, I am loved.

Tonight, I guess I am just missing my homes in the States. 

The cost of being called here to Ghana sometimes feels so emotionally expensive.

I know that tomorrow, in the light of day, it will all feel normal again. But, for now, just in this moment, I am a little melancholy.

But, I suppose that's when you know that what you experienced is good and lovely and lasting...because you mourn its passing. I'm ok sitting in that place tonight.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of
    writing...
    Tobacco Machinery

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice this blog.
    You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. I’m looking to reading your next post.

    โกเด้นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete