Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Encouragement of Friends

More and more, I realize my need for my love language to be met through quality time with people that I love.

I quickly get overwhelmed by the craziness of my office, so knowing that friends are coming this weekend to spend their time cleaning and organizing where I don't have the time to do it...such a blessing.

Our weekly Bible study is a refuge to me as we connect over the word and laugh together and cry together.  That connection is an answer to prayer.

A long newsy email from one of my best friends and one from my sister is just what I needed to feel connected to those back home.

Many times, I get questions from my friends about things that they can send for me through those traveling through.  I always give them a list of items that I'm craving...
-peanut butter
-dark chocolate peanut m&m's
-tortillas (flour and corn)
-cheese

But, the thing I crave most is that connection...that quality time...a handwritten letter...and thoughtful gift...words from a friend...

I'm so blessed to have so many in my life who are a constant source of encouragement.  I know that while I am far away, for many, I am never far from their minds.  That is a true blessing.

1 comment: