Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Encouraged

The school term has ended and I am sitting in Heathrow, on limited internet, but wanting to share bits of this last week with you.

Last week was our final exams and ending of the term.

Usually this means massive amounts of stress for our teachers, but abundant stress for me.  I get overwhelmed and when I leave for Christmas, I leave behind a mess that Stacy usually has to go behind and pick up.

This year, though it had its moments, I felt free!

Beatrice and Carissa were my heroes and took over all the tests, the printing, the content, the typing.  My biggest responsibility was getting report cards printed up and student bills completed.  Not too shabby.

So, Wednesday, when the report cards are supposed to be turned in, I sat at my desk and signed and then, I actually left EARLY and went home, ready for our Women's Bible Study Christmas party.

What a blessing!  I told Stacy that this was the first time I have not felt overwhelmed going home.  I am in such a good place leaving this year.  And it is because I asked for help and help came.  I need to learn that it's okay to ask for help more often.

On Friday, we gathered to meet as a teaching staff.  We do this each term, reflecting on the things that went well and the ways that we are seeking to improve the next term.  I was so encouraged by the words of the teachers.  I heard about the successes of individual students, the delight that some took in teaching, the ways that they felt challenged during the term. 

But, I was incredibly encouraged when they all began to share how they were so blessed by me this school term.  They spoke of our one-on-ones.  Of learning of their value in Christ.  Of being challenged to be more than they were currently accepting of themselves.  Of feeling as though their prayers were being answered when they came in to pray together.

I was so encouraged by their words. 

It just reminds me of God's great design in placing me in Ghana.  I had an even greater purpose than I even could have identified when I entered the country almost 3 1/2 years ago. 

So looking forward to time at home, entering into a season of rest, and sharing the GOOD that has happened in Ghana this year.  We have some powerful stories to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment