Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, May 17, 2013

Kathy Turner (haha!)

When Kathy came to teach with us last September, I had labeled everything boldly with her name "Kathy Turner"...realizing later that her last name is Taylor.  I just had to label this post with "her name" just for the fun of it.

Kathy has been here since September and I have been incredibly blessed with her friendship, her love for the children, her support at the school, her encouragement, her healthy boundaries, and her desire to see each of these kids meet their full potential.  She is amazing.

This morning, I watched as she sat with Bismark for over an hour while he refused to complete an activity, adamantly stating, "I'm tired".  The patience that requires is astounding.

And time and time again, I have pulled her into classrooms to sub for me, even though it is not her favorite thing to do and she would rather work with her small groups of students.

Time and time again, I have been encouraged by her candor.  Challenged by her deep faith.  Brought to tears by the ways she has made me laugh.

Kathy is leaving in just a few more weeks.  Time has passed too quickly.  And I wonder how I am going to be able to cope without my "Kathy Turner" next academic year.

I celebrate her future, knowing she is going home to her dream job and knowing that she served her purpose here. 

But, I will miss her.  So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment