Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Waiting

I have been praying for an answer for something for a little over a week now.

I haven't gotten my answer yet.

It's been hard and a little frustrating because I just want to know what to do in this certain situation.

But, yesterday, I read this out of Sarah Young's Jesus Calling and it was so good.

"Listen to me continually.  I have much to communicate to you, so many people and situations in need of prayer.  I am training you to set your mind on Me more and more, tuning out distractions through the help of My Spirit.

Walk with me in holy trust, responding to My initiatives rather than trying to make things fit your plans.  I died to set you free, and that includes freedom from compulsive planning.  When your mind spins with a multitude of thoughts, you cannot hear My voice.  A mind preoccupied with planning pays homage to the idol of control.  Turn from this idolatry back to Me.  Listen to Me and live abundantly!"

I still don't have my answer.

But, I am learning the art of surrender.

My thoughts have been so preoccupied with my plans, that even in praying for His voice to speak, I haven't stopped to listen.

So, in the midst of all of my desires to plan and make a decision about this one thing...I am simply quieting my mind to wait for the voice of my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment