Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Friday, April 22, 2011

Summer...Summer...Summer

Yesterday, Katie and I worked on summer camp stuff in the morning. It was fun to crack open all of the things that she's been working on for our summer. We decided that we'd like to open the camp to the village kids from 8-12 and then after lunch, we would do the rest of the project only for our own children here. I think that will really work well. My hope is that we can get some more interns and volunteers to come and help! We really need more people so that it won't just be crowd control, but will be fun!

Halfway through our meeting about the summer, the group from YYAM came. It made me realize our incredible NEED for a volunteer coordinator. With Stacy and John gone, I would go from my room (where Katie and I were meeting) to the living room (where YYAM was hanging with the kids) all morning. Back and forth, back and forth. They're a cool group though and we have loved having them with us. Katie and I need a couple more days, though, to wrap up the summer camp stuff so that we will be all set! We'll start working on it again maybe tomorrow.

In the afternoon yesterday, the YYAM group wanted to make jewelery again with the beads. So, we set it all up and even the kids joined in this time. Afterwards, we had to go through which peices would actually be good enough to sell and we ended up taking apart a few that just didn't make the cut, but they helped us come up with some great concepts and color combinations. It was fun to have them work on that for us! We'll be giving the necklaces to an adoptive family today to send back to Kristy at Feeding the Orphans to sell for mother's day.

Last night, Katie and I (and Edwin until he fell asleep) watched Pride and Prejudice before we went to sleep. It's a favorite of both of ours and it was so nice to watch it together. Afterwards, we laughed and laughed about...well, it doesn't even make sense today, but last night it was funny. Needless to say, rap songs about Pride and Prejudice are just extremely funny late at night!

Today, we'll be feeding some of the kids in Doryumu thanks to Katie and all the people who helped bring her here. She raised enough to do a feeding, so we'll be bringing the kids out here to the house and dishing up food for them around noon. Excited about that!

I can't believe it's Friday already! It's going TOOOOOOO FAST! Katie just needs to stay for a couple weeks longer! I don't think I'll be able to talk her into that though!

No comments:

Post a Comment