Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just thinking...

I know my posts on here have been few and far between since I've come to the States. It has just been such a wonderful time home, filled with laughter, fun, joy, time with friends and family, it has just been wonderful!

And at the same time, there is this pull...hearing about how Dora and Mary were rescued from Lalonya while I've been away...hearing about Victor's trip...knowing that there is so much work to be done when I return as well.

Today, I sat out under a tree overlooking Crawford resevoir, the clouds forming shadows over the mountains creating some of the most beautiful places in creation. As I sat there, I just processed the fact that I'm leaving again. Not that I'm not looking forward to returning home to Ghana (I miss everyone like crazy!), it's just...it's been so sweet being here.

So, while I'm looking forward to returning "home"...I feel the bittersweet that is leaving "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment