Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Walking in on something Holy

Sunday...my Sabbath day. It's usually filled with rest. I sleep in. I get over to church right when it's starting. I come home and spend the majority of my day napping, reading, watching a movie, or playing my guitar. Rest...

But, for some reason, I headed over to our canteen early this morning. I could hear singing coming from somewhere in that direction as I drew closer and wondered what was going on.

After I laid down my guitar and Bible, I walked into the school to see almost all of our older kids gathered in a classroom praying and worshipping The Lord before the service started. They were singing at the top of their lungs, praying and crying out for God's presence to rain down, thanking Him for all that He has done in their lives. Some were kneeling down. Some walking around in passionate prayer. Others still, had their hands raised in worship while tears rolled down their cheeks.

I felt like I had walked into something Holy. Like I had witnessed the Kingdom of God being made manifest in their lives.

And when they left for the church gathering to start, I even saw one of our hardest kids wiping tears from his eyes. We have been praying that God would soften his heart, that he would be as clay in the hands of the Master Potter.

And this afternoon, I was chatting with Stacy about our kids and how I am continually amazed at their growth and fervor for The Lord. She told me that she was sitting with one of our kids this afternoon and told him that he will one day go back to his village and turn it upside down with the love of Christ. He just gave her his lopsided smile that we love so much and said, "I know".

We have some world changers on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment