Hello!

Hello!
My name is Autumn Buzzell and I live and work in Ghana, West Africa with City of Refuge Ministries. Here, I run our school, Faith Roots International Academy, and get to be a part in rescuing and the healing of children who have been trafficked into the fishing trade, orphaned, abandoned, and those who just need a little extra loving. What an amazing gift this life is!

Get Involved

Learn More

Donate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Little Sister

My little sister is engaged.

I can't believe it.  Well, I can...I knew she was in love.  But, it is hard to imagine.

Wasn't it just yesterday we were playing games together?  Sharing a room?  Having the occasional shouting (and sometimes pushing) match?  Making up songs and plays together? 

Wasn't it just yesterday when we were still in high school?  Her crazy "swirly pants" (those baggy Jinko's so popular in the day) a part of her weekly wardrobe.  MORP (prom spelled backwards) queen for so many years running.  Ever the social butterfly?

Wasn't it just yesterday we attending college together?  Plays, friends, laughter, fun?  Camping trips together.  Living life in front of one another?

Wasn't it just yesterday?

And yet, the years have passed.  And my "little" sister is 28 (which makes me 31...ahh).  And she is engaged.

Congratulations Andrea!  I am excited about the next chapter in your life!

And Derek, guard her heart well.  She is a treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment